If you’re going through a divorce, you have child custody or support issue, you need to adopt a child, or if you have any other complex family law issue, you may be thinking: well, it’s time to lawyer up. Although it’s always essential to get an experienced lawyer when dealing with these legal issues, it’s actually a good idea to get a Fort Worth family lawyer before the legal issue reaches crisis mode (or even arises).
As an experienced, top-rated Mansfield-Fort Worth attorney, we at the Law Office of Wendy L. Hart have come across virtually all types of family law issues. And if there’s one thing that’s true about all cases, having an attorney who knows you well, and has worked with you before, can be a major asset in your family law case. At our law office, we emphasize the need for a local approach, meaning we make relationships with our clients and continually serve our community.
Below, we’ve included a little information why you may need a Fort Worth family lawyer, and when you should consider getting one to help protect your interests.
Reasons Why You May Need a Fort Worth Family Lawyer
When facing divorce, adoption, spousal support, and other family law issues, an experienced family law attorney serves as an objective, third-party expert who can help guide you through this issue and seek a solution that provides the most benefit for you (or your children). Furthermore, choosing to represent yourself in Texas courts could end up being a very costly mistake. Keep in mind that the decisions you make in a family court could affect you for the rest of your life, and because emotions run high during these difficult affairs, it can be difficult to think clearly.
For these reasons, among many others, a Fort Worth family lawyer will be essential. Some other reasons to get a family law attorney could include:
- You’re unfamiliar with the family court processes, and if you self-represent, the judge will still hold you to the same standards as an experienced attorney.
- You need objective, clear advice so that you can protect your interests from unknown factors or unforeseeable future events.
- A family law attorney can offer solutions that you didn’t even know existed.
- A family lawyer can help fill out the paperwork properly and persuasively, and aim to increase the chances that a judge will view your side of the argument favorably.
- A family law attorney can help you look at the big picture.
By understanding some of the major benefits of an experienced family law attorney, you can have a better idea regarding when it is the best time to get an attorney.
When Will You Need a Fort Worth Family Attorney
When most people are younger, they don’t feel the need to have an attorney, but once you become old enough to take on adult responsibilities, like marriage and children, it may be a good idea to consider hiring a Fort Worth family law attorney.
To give you a better idea of when you may need an attorney, we’ve listed a couple of situations below:
- You’re Getting Married – Getting married will be one of your most cherished moments in your life, but it also carries a wide variety of legal issues that you should consider, from financial decisions and responsibilities to medical decisions, such as a power of attorney. When your marital status changes, such as getting a divorce, this is the ideal time to consider consulting with an attorney.
- You’re Having Children – Your children have a legal as well as an emotional connection with you. Whether you’re having your own children, adopting a child, or becoming involved with a spouse’s children, you can benefit by having a family law attorney who’ll clarify the legal aspects of these relationships. Some issues may include beneficiary statuses or questions of legal guardianship.
- You’ve Had Major Changes in Finances – The relationship between your family and your assets can be smoothed out with the help of a family law attorney.
Essentially, any time there is a significant change to your family, you can benefit by simply talking to your family law attorney. Having an experienced and passionate Fort Worth attorney at your side, who knows you and your family well, can make a world of difference to your family, your financial security, and your peace of mind.
Call Fort Worth Family Law Attorney Wendy L. Hart
At the Law Office of Wendy L. Hart in the Mansfield-Fort Worth area, we focus on building relationships with our clients so that we can provide the most benefit possible. Furthermore, if you’ve received divorce papers or you are facing a family law crisis, we also boast fast-acting legal support and representation to fight for your protection, your interests, and your rights. To speak with attorney Wendy Hart today, call our Mansfield-Fort Worth family law firm at (817) 842-2336.