It’s one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Texas—and the US—but is also known by the nickname “Cowtown” because of its deep Western roots and heritage. Since its beginnings in 1849, Fort Worth has been the center of Texas’ cattle trade and is home to the Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District. We embrace the spirit of the old West.
Houston has the Johnson Space Center. But Fort Worth has Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth. There’s also a robust aerospace industry, including Lockheed Martin, which builds the F-22 Raptor, the F-35 Lightning II, and other military aircraft.
Fort Worth is the fifth-largest city in Texas, and the thirteenth-largest city in the US. It’s a major economic hub, with Fortune 500 companies such as American Airlines, with its headquarters at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport. Envoy Air, Pier 1 Imports, Radio Shack, and GM Financial are also headquartered here. Lockheed Martin, Bank of America, GE Transportation, and Wells Fargo also have a significant presence in the area.
Higher education is available throughout the Fort Worth area. It’s home to many colleges and universities, including:
• Texas Christian University
• Texas Wesleyan University
• University of Texas at Arlington – Downtown Fort Worth campus
• University of North Texas Health Science Center
• TCU School of Medicine
• Texas A&M University School of Law
• Tarleton State University – Fort Worth campus
• Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary
Students of all ages have a range of choices wherever they live.
Culture And Art
While the Fort Worth Stockyards are Fort Worth’s major attractions, other cultural venues are also available, including:
• Kimbell Art Museum
• The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth
• The National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame
• Fort Worth Opera
• Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra
• Texas Ballet Theater
• Military Museum of Fort Worth
• Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth
• National Multicultural Western Heritage Museum and more. Fort Worth is a major city with something for nearly everyone.
Family Law Attorney For Fort Worth, Tarrant County, and the entire DFW area.
Wendy L. Hart is an experienced family law attorney helping people throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex with divorce, property, and child custody issues. We represent both men and women in family law cases, including divorce, child support, child custody, and other matters. Use our online contact form, or call us at (817) 842-2336, for an appointment.